Thursday, March 01, 2007

Winter Break Means Tons Of Content

Since I've been on break all week and have no where to go, I've been devoting a lot of time to coming up with new content. So far I've reviewed the following:

- Anberlin's Cities based off of a download from my college music program, Ruckus. EMI/Tooth And Nail no longer sends out promo copies, but I felt I had enough to say about this release to warrant a quick review. Chances I'll listen to it again: Never.

- Bloc Party's A Weekend In The City. I picked this up the week prior to reviewing it, and I can say with much honesty that it is my favorite record of the year thus far. I'm hoping to see them on my birthday later in the month. Chances I'll listen to it again: Concrete.

- Mean's Sending You Strength. This one can't be summed up in any greater detail that what I already gave it. Cool artwork, though. Chances I'll listen to it again: Well, I did rip it into iTunes, so chances are fair.

- Classic Case's Losing At Life is an all-around solid record. It took me a few listens to warm up to it, but I eventually gave it a rewarding review. Chances I'll listen to it again: Fair.

- The Showdown's Temptation Come My Way. I can't stand to listen to this record. It's most definitely not my thing, but I tried to be fair in my review of it. If I ever listen to this again it'll be when someone forces it on my ears.

No comments: